I very much like the idea of a uniform algorithm for this - similarly to https://indieweb.org/post-type-discovery. During that session the list on https://spdx.org/licenses/ came up as a source for licence indication - unfortunately neither rel=“licence” nor microformats seem to be offering a way to indicate a machine readable licence indicator yet. It might be beneficial to include a proposition for that along with the algorithm.
I got into an argument on Twitter - it made me realize I don’t know enough about RDF to argue about it. Afterwards I tried out a lot of different ways to drew my own conclusions on RDF(a), microdata, JSON-LD, vocabularies, schema.org, etc. In short: this one does not spark joy.Continue »