About this site
What is on the site
There is a mix of content on this page:
- tinkerings with linux, embedded, internet things are under the IT section
- travels & longer braindumps are under journal
- photos in photo
- while notes contain replies and miscellaneous entries
Options to read, follow, subscribe (pick your term freely)
If you want to subscribe to updates, the options are:
- email for each article that are not notes, sent through the Google Groups email@example.com (Google Groups in order to avoid the Spam folder of Gmail)
- the site supports Microsub;
- RSS for a feed reader
- a h-feed
The technical parts
At this point in time, it's mainly a static HTML website, generated from Markdown + YAML frontmatter files with Python, plus a couple of PHP scripts for search and proper redirecting. This is a result of a long process, which process is more or less documented under entries in IT. The engine is hidden in plane sight.
Special thanks to:
- webmention.io, so I can receive webmentions on a static site
- Telegraph, so I can easily send webmentions
- brid.gy, which connects social networks to personal websites
- fed.brid.gy, which allows websites to be present in the Fediverse on their own
- Superfeedr, for a free Websub service
- integromat, because it's possible to build a syndication workflow with a breeze
- indieweb, for existing
The retro bits
The site has a slight fascination with reminiscence of obsolete technology; therefore it provides a gopher version of the site.
My main contact point is email, namely firstname.lastname@example.org, but you can also reach me on XMPP/Jabber, or SMS . I regularly lurk on Freenode, as
petermolnar, especially in the #indieweb channel. This site also accepts webmentions.
I'm from Hungary, living and working in Cambridge, UK. Linux sysadmin by day, east asian martial studies practitioner on some weekday evenings. I'm happily married to Nora who shares more of my interests I thought possible, including most of my rather complex musical taste, and my love for photography.
GE d@ s: a C++$ UBL+++$ P++(--)$ L++(-)$ !E W+++(-)$ !N !o K--? w !O !M !V PS++ PE- Y+ PGP+ t+ 5+++ X+ R tv b+ DI D+ G e++ h r+++ y+++* and if you know what this is, you've been on the internet for a while or dug too deep into nostalgia.
People and sites I read
I maintain a list of sites/people I read (a.k.a blogroll) over here - it's an OPML file, so one can import it into their feed readers.