Actually, it’s Atom, but given all readers parse both, it doesn’t matter, does it?
- All major updates
- Photos only
- Journal entries (travel, long opinions) only
- Articles (mainly IT and programming solutions) only
- Notes (excluded from major updates)
Subscribe to updates via email
To overcome problems or ordinary newletters (namely that mails from me directly or from Blogtrottr landed in the Gmail SPAM folder), I created a Google Group, specifically for updates from the site:
Follow the link to join the group.
In theory, one could send an email to email@example.com to subscribe, but so far, I couldn’t get it working.
It will send the full contents of each entry that shows up in “all major updates”, so everything except “notes”. The syndication is done via an IFTTT applet by reading the main RSS feed and sending a mail via Gmail to the list.
I don’t post to Facebook or Instagram, because they want me to do it by hand, and it’s too much hassle.
These are the social media profiles I’m sending a link update to, whenever there’s an update:
- Mastodon (and fediverse, in general)
- I do not have a Mastodon instance, nor I’m registered on any of them. However, you can still follow me as @firstname.lastname@example.org and get the major updates from this site. That is thanks to fed.brid.gy and Superfeedr.
- https://petermolnarnet.tumblr.com/ Receives all major updates. The syndication is done via an IFTTT applet by reading the RSS feed and sending link posts to Tumblr.
- https://petermolnareu.wordpress.com Receives all major updates. The syndication is done via an IFTTT applet by reading the RSS feed and sending link posts to WordPress.com.
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/petermolnareu Receives photos only. The syndication is done via and IFTTT applet and brid.gy by reading the RSS feed and sending POST requests to brid.gy publish.