About this site
What is on the site
There is a mix of content on this page:
- tinkerings with linux, embedded, internet things are under the IT section
- travels & longer braindumps are under journal
- photos in photo
- while notes contain replies and miscellaneous entries
The technical parts
At this point in time, it's mainly a static HTML website, generated from Markdown + YAML frontmatter files with Python, plus a couple of PHP scripts for search and proper redirecting. This is a result of a long process, which process is more or less documented under entries in IT. The engine is hidden in plane sight.
Special thanks to:
- webmention.io, so I can receive webmentions on a static site
- Telegraph, so I can easily send webmentions
- brid.gy, for making sending my photos to Flickr simple
The retro bits
The site has a slight fascination with reminiscence of obsolete technology; therefore it provides a gopher version of the site.
I'm from Hungary, living and working in Cambridge, UK. Linux sysadmin by day, east asian martial studies practitioner on some weekday evenings. I'm happily married to Nora who shares more of my interests I thought possible, including most of my rather complex musical taste, and my love for photography.
GE d@ s: a C++$ UBL+++$ P++(--)$ L++(-)$ !E W+++(-)$ !N !o K--? w !O !M !V PS++ PE- Y+ PGP+ t+ 5+++ X+ R tv b+ DI D+ G e++ h r+++ y+++* and if you know what this is, you've been on the internet for a while or dug too deep into nostalgia.